Wednesday, January 14, 2004

The Director's Label

So I got the first set of dvd's I ordered in the mail. The most exciting is a three dvd set sold under The Director's Label, which "hilight the work of filmmakers who have helped re-define music videos and filmmaking over the last decade." I originally bought it for the work of Chris Cunningham (who did the robot video for Bjork's "All is Full of Love" and Squarepusher's "Come on My Selector") but am totally blown away by Michel Gondry's work. The next best thing is that I finally got to see Spike Jonze's short How they got there. I remember reading about this years ago in the New York Times arts section and wanting to see it, but not knowing where I could find it. It's actually online now as part of the site promoting these dvds. You can find it here. The Palm Pictures site has information on each of the dvds individually: Michel Gondry, Chris Cunningham, and Spike Jonze.

No comments: