Wednesday, June 16, 2004

August Sandler and Andy Goldsworthy

There's reason to go to the Met museum these days. Ch.Mo informed me that she had been to see the August Sandler exhibit at the museum. The photographs are taken from his project People of the Twentieth Century in which he attempted to create a comprehensive visual record of the German populace. I'm definitely going to see the show either this week or next. As an added bonus, there's a piece by British sculptor Andy Goldsworthy adorning the roof gallery. When in Cupertino I went to Palo Alto to see the wall he had built in front of the Stanford art museum, which was reminiscent of his work at Storm King (though the construction methods were very different). And I'm still waiting for Rivers and Tides to be released on DVD so I can finally see more of his work.

No comments: