Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Between Past and Future: New Photography and Video from China

On the subject of museum shows, it appears that there is a new one at the ICP (unfortunately I missed the show on photographs from Iraq since I didn't have the time before leaving for the Middle East myself). This show purports to be "the first comprehensive look at the innovative photo and video art produced since the mid-1990s in China." Unfortunately the ICP site never seems to have a good sampling of what it has on offer. It's a shame, especially for those who can't make it all the way to New York. The exhibit is jointly presented with the Asia Society, with two sections at ICP and two sections at the Asia Society. I wonder if you have to buy two tickets? Looks like it's going to be a busy museum week for me next weekend . . .

No comments: