Sunday, May 10, 2009

Reading the Sunday Times


Last night at the opera, people kept asking us where we obtained our helmets. There's a Halloween store on 11th and Broadway. As far as hats for Othodox Jews, people turn to the man with black hats. It would also have been fun if they sold buttered popcorn and called it rhinegold. Or not.

Remember The Dana Carvey Show? The show that launched Steve Carrell and Stephen Colbert? I don't either. But then I didn't grow up with NBC so I missed Dana Carvey on SNL as well. All the episodes are now available on Hulu. Let's hear it for my money.

On one of my final nights in Sri Lanka, I remember seeing an ad for a reading by Romesh Gunasekara at the British Consulate. I had read and enjoyed Reef while visiting so I went to hear him read and meet him. It's a fond memory of my time in Colombo. It seems like it'd be fun to do that in New Delhi, as well.

I don't think I'm the audience for giant Cheetos.

No comments: