Wednesday, August 06, 2003

100 of the Most Important Chairs in Design

The week after I first moved to New York I went on vacation to London. It wasn't the most auspicious timing. I had just arrived in a new city and was going off to yet another new city to spend some time. It wasn't the most successful trip. One thing that I did end up doing was dragging some friends to the design museum there. We were supposed to spend the day visiting some castle, but everyone got up late and people were being indecisive. Once we got there, my friend David was incredulous that chairs would be featured in a museum. Canada's design museum, the Design Exchange, is currently holding an exhibition titled Dimensions in Design featuring 100 minatures of classical chairs, all produced by the Vitra Design Museum. I'm thinking of inviting David on another trip.

No comments: